How to use TagoIO and Google Analytics in your IoT solution
Want deep analytics from your own IoT platform developed with TagoRUN? TagoRUN integrates easily with Google Analytics by using a simple tracking ID code addition.
You can easily integrate your TagoRUN application with Google Analytics to track users and get insights. All you need to do is to use your Tracking ID in the RUN setup.
1. Set up a new Google Analytics property
When you set up a new Google Analytics account, follow the instructions to create your first property for your TagoRUN application.
If you're already using Analytics, navigate to the admin area from the cog button in the bottom left corner, and use the middle column button to create a property:
Then, on the next page, you'll need to provide some information about the URL of your TagoRUN application to create a property and generate a tracking code which you'll need for the next step.
On this page:
- Select 'website' to track your TagoRUN application
- Enter a name, which can be anything, for your own reference inside of Analytics
- Enter your TagoRUN URL ensuring to select
- Pick an industry category (the most relevant one you can find in this list)
- Select a timezone to report in, which is usually the timezone you are in.
2. Get the tracking ID code
Once you've created a new property you will be redirected to the tracking code page.
Copy the Tracking ID to your clipboard.
3. Use the tracking ID in your application
Then, back to your TagoIO account, in your RUN setup page, under the session Integration> User Engagement, paste the key in the Google Analytics ID field.
You are ready to track the visitors (your RUN users) using Google Analytics.
Your TagoRUN application is now fully integrated with Google Analytics and you can review your site metrics on the Google Analytics dashboard at any time!